The other day, I was in the living room, and I heard Andi say "wo-shun" which is her way of saying "lotion." I immediately ran to where she was because right now everything is lotion (lotion, shampoo, ketchup, toilet bowl cleaner). And Andi's rule with lotion is that it must go in her hair. This is what I found. (Sorry about the fake dress, I have issues with putting nude pictures of my kids online.)
It is Desitin. It was also artistically rubbed into the carpet. That day I learned that Desitin does not come out of anything. I washed her hair 4 or 5 times, and I still had to put a hat on her when we went to the store. I can't get it out of the carpet. It's funny to me now, but I was pretty ticked off when I found it.
I thought I was in the clear for the day. I had had enough catastropies and messes, but I forgot that 2-year-olds don't work that way.
Around 7 o'clock, I found a little smurf lurking around the kitchen with some paint that had materialized from somewhere. I really don't know how she finds this stuff some times.
If you look at her hair, you can still see the Desitin residue. That is after being washed 4 times. Some days I look back and take an inventory of the day, and my two choices are to laugh or to cry. I wish I could say that I always laugh. I wish I could say that I laughed this day. It would show that I have a better perspective on life than I actually have. I am laughing now. Now that I have had some time. I can't help it.


3 Comments:
We also learned the hard way that Desitin does not come out. She sure is cute!
She is a happy little smurf! Yuck desitin in the hair would be terrible! Did you try a dish soap or something that cuts oils on her hair?
Keep this blog post fresh on your mobile phone, so that when people come to you at church to tell you how cute your children are and to cherish this time because it is the best time of life, laugh like the Mad Hatter and say "Desitin" while showing them this.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home