Finding a Sign

Tilley Family Adventures

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aberdeen, ID, United States

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

8.16.2009

Keeping Busy

We are into the groove of school, but we still feel like it's summer sometimes. Here are some of the things we've been doing to keep busy.

It was hot, and we were looking for something to do that was fun, but different from swimming at the pool. We went to Mickey Grove Park, where they have water fountains for the kids to play in.


Andi preferred to play on the toys








Logan's DHH (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) Preschool teacher had some tickets for a Beauty and the Beast Junior that had an ASL interpreter. The kids really loved the Beast. They both ran up and hugged him after the show.



We also have had fun washing the car. (It keeps us cool.)

Logan had a great time with the power washer.
We keep thinking of new, cool things to do. There are lots of fun museums and beaches and mountains within about a 2 hour drive. We start to plan a visit, but then we remember that we have a one-toddler wrecking crew named Andi. She has developed a new talent of getting out of her carseat. She can escape the inescapeable 5-point harness.
The laws and law enforcement are so strict around here, that I'm afraid to go around a corner or to the grocery store. The other day, I thought I was going to have child-services called on me. I was driving Andi to preschool and Logan was in the car. We were about 200 yards from the school, and Andi wriggled out of her seat triumphantly. I pulled into the schoolyard as one of the teachers (not Andi's) glanced in the back of the van and scowled at me.
Logan was in the back seat watching a movie. Andi's school is in a rural, secluded area. I locked the doors, and let Logan stay in the car while I ran Andi inside. The scowling teacher saw me and said, "You can't leave him in there!" Trying not to snap back I said, "Why not?"
She said (slightly condescendingly), "It's a liablity issue."
Luckily, another mother was out there, and offered to watch Logan while I ran inside.
I was so sure that child-services would be there when I returned to get Andi, but they weren't. Andi's teacher DID meet me outside the next day, however, to make sure I was handling Logan correctly. Ah the Establishment. Gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home