Finding a Sign

Tilley Family Adventures

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aberdeen, ID, United States

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

8.02.2009

School Starts

It's finally August, so I feel like I can post about school. My kids started last week. Nathaniel is in 3rd grade. Logan started Kindergarten. Andi started school at a special preschool for hearing impaired kids ages 18 months to 3 years. She goes 4 days a week for 2 hours a day.

All of the times are staggered, so most of my morning is spent picking up and dropping off kids. Still, it keeps me busy.

I went to drop Logan off for his first day of kindergarten. Several of the parents were bawling outright. I couldn't bring myself to shed a tear. This is Logan's 4th year of school to me. I was a little sad to see them go, but I knew it would be good for them. They were all sick of being cooped up in our relatively small house and yard.

They all have good teachers. All of them have charged into the new year with gusto. Even Andi is glad to be out of the house. They are making new friends and already learning new things.

A quick snapshot before school


Nathaniel in line with his class.

Andi trying out the preschool toys.


Logan in line with his class.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simpson family fun said...

Everyone looks really sharp on the fist day of school! We are all sorry you have to start school so early! We miss you guys.
The Simpsons
P.S. Thanks for the e-card
Simon

August 3, 2009 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger wendys said...

Wow, you guys start early! We have 3 more weeks. I love the first day of school pics!

August 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home