My leg hurts
Last night, Derek got home around 6:00. We were gearing up for a nice, relaxing weekend. The boys were outside playing, and I heard Logan scream. I didn't think anything of it because he screams several times a day when Nathaniel takes a toy away or does something Logan doesn't like. Then he kept screaming. We ran outside and Logan was laying on the sidewalk next to his bike. We tried to make him stand up and walk it off, but he screamed some more. By this time, I was finally taking him seriously (he can be a fairly dramatic child, even when it's no big deal). We laid him on the couch and tried to decide if we should take him to the emergency room. Logan was vocally objecting to going to a doctor: "I don't want to get shot!"
I assured him that he wouldn't be getting a shot. I scooped him up in my arms and took him to Urgent Care, thankful that Derek was home to take care of the other two kids.
After waiting for 3 hours (thank goodness for the leapster) with a very brave, patient boy, we finally got some x-rays that confirmed that he has a tibial fracture. They sent us home with a splint on his leg. He'll be getting a hard cast on Monday.
This whole thing has come as a bit of a shock. Derek and I have never broken any bones. Logan has been a trooper. He had a rough night last night. Even with Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen he was in a lot of pain. He would sleep for a few minutes, then wake up and say "My leg hurts". We watched Scooby-Doo all night to keep his mind off of the leg. He's doing much better today. He's got zombie eyes from no sleep and watching too much tv, but he's able to finally sit up on the couch.
I feel slightly grumpy at the inconvenience that it is going to be to me. It's selfish, I know, and he's going through much worse. And, he's worth it, but still. Arrrrgh.
I assured him that he wouldn't be getting a shot. I scooped him up in my arms and took him to Urgent Care, thankful that Derek was home to take care of the other two kids.
After waiting for 3 hours (thank goodness for the leapster) with a very brave, patient boy, we finally got some x-rays that confirmed that he has a tibial fracture. They sent us home with a splint on his leg. He'll be getting a hard cast on Monday.
This whole thing has come as a bit of a shock. Derek and I have never broken any bones. Logan has been a trooper. He had a rough night last night. Even with Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen he was in a lot of pain. He would sleep for a few minutes, then wake up and say "My leg hurts". We watched Scooby-Doo all night to keep his mind off of the leg. He's doing much better today. He's got zombie eyes from no sleep and watching too much tv, but he's able to finally sit up on the couch.
I feel slightly grumpy at the inconvenience that it is going to be to me. It's selfish, I know, and he's going through much worse. And, he's worth it, but still. Arrrrgh.
Labels: broken leg, logan

4 Comments:
Oh my goodness. As a mother who is just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for the same exact story (with an almost identical picture of a poor little boy), I am SO SORRY! Nolan gets his cast off on Wednesday. YAY! It has been horrible to carry him EVERYWHERE with a child who is younger. Nolan has discovered that "I need to go potty" are the words that get someone to come running. I FEEL YOUR PAIN, but, I survived, as will you. Just keep thinking, "This isn't forever, this isn't forever..." Oh, Amber...
I showed Brenden the blog and he said, "Hey, that's my friend! What happened to his leg?" He seems very concerned for Logan.
Logan,
We are so sorry! Watch for a package from Drew!
Simpsons
That's terrible! Poor kid. Poor Mom!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home