The gate
I give up. I am not going to try to own anything nice until all of my children are at least 10 years old.
Andelin, my 13-month-old has just learned how to climb up on top of the table. She and her measly 20 lbs. can drag a kitchen chair across the room to climb up on anything she wants, which means she can destroy anything at any height. We finally went out and bought a gate (that is 6 feet wide) to keep her out of the kitchen. We installed it last night. Boy was she mad when she got up this morning and couldn't do her usual table-dancing routine. She shook and shook that gate. I thought it was going to come apart, but it's held up so far.
The gate has been very nice to have because it actually keeps her out of the kitchen. We can even put our garbage can down on the floor now (before it was on the countertop). I'm sure that she's in her bed right now planning some counter-attack at how to get around our new device. We'll see how we fare tomorrow.
Andelin, my 13-month-old has just learned how to climb up on top of the table. She and her measly 20 lbs. can drag a kitchen chair across the room to climb up on anything she wants, which means she can destroy anything at any height. We finally went out and bought a gate (that is 6 feet wide) to keep her out of the kitchen. We installed it last night. Boy was she mad when she got up this morning and couldn't do her usual table-dancing routine. She shook and shook that gate. I thought it was going to come apart, but it's held up so far.
The gate has been very nice to have because it actually keeps her out of the kitchen. We can even put our garbage can down on the floor now (before it was on the countertop). I'm sure that she's in her bed right now planning some counter-attack at how to get around our new device. We'll see how we fare tomorrow.

4 Comments:
Oh, I feel for you. Ethan is EXACTLY the same way, but there is no gate big enough to block him from the kitchen (smack dab in the center of our house). How do they learn so quickly how useful a chair is? I could go on and on with stories about the usefulness of the climbing chair.
Just wait until she can climb over it;)
Mercy! I can't wait to see her. Looks like she's got lots of spunk and attitude...reminds me of somebody...any ideas??
Oh it's so frustrating when they are destructive! Eliza has a little kiddie chair she hauls around the house getting into things out of her reach. I hope the gate holds up!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home