Finding a Sign

Tilley Family Adventures

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aberdeen, ID, United States

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

1.13.2009

Settling in

Here are some pictures so you can see what our house looks like
This is the Back Patio Area. It's not huge, but it's a place for the kids to play

This is our living/family room. with a shot of the stairs going up to the kids rooms.






This is the kitchen and the two centerpieces have become rather permanent additions to the kitchen. (I can't believe how much 5-year-old can eat!)
We seem to be finally settling in. Nathaniel is in school and Logan will start next week. We are very excited for Logan. He will be attending a pre-school for kids in exactly his predicament. I talked with his teacher, and she said that her main goal will be to get him ready to attend mainstream kindergarten. There are 7 other kids in the class ranging in hearing loss from mild to very severe, so Logan will fit right in. 
I'm so ready for him to be going because he has been driving me crazy since he has nothing to do all day. Nathaniel's not here to play with, and Andi is too little. So next week he starts, and I can focus on Andi's speech and hearing now. 

Nathaniel has offically been at school for 1 week, and, other than landing in the principal's office twice, he likes it. Some things we have noted at this school that are different than in Idaho (at least in Aberdeen):
1. They wear school uniforms. These consist of short or long sleeved polo shirts in one of 5 solid colors: burgandy, hunter green, blue, yellow, or white. He can wear jeans, but they must be without holes. -I was not that excited to got get all new shirts, since all his previous school clothes are still in good repair, but it will sure make school shopping a lot easier next year!)
2. There are no indoor hallways. It is built just like a school with hallways, but all hallways are outside. Nathaniel says "we have to walk outside to go to the lunchroom. Most of the halls are replaced with , you know, sidewalks."  
3. There are no busses. Everyone drives kids to school (I think it's a budget thing). 
4. PE is outside all the time unless it's raining. 
5. Being send to the principal is not necessarily a punishment. The principal likes to keep tabs to have a relationship with each student. 

Nathaniels says "it's so boring", but he says that about everything these days. 

Maybe we'll eventually be able to enjoy California like we did Idaho. (especially if we continue to get 60 degree weather in January!)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Boehme Family said...

It looks really nice. The backyard looks cozy and shady. Right now I can't even imagine short sleeves and shorts in January! I am totally jealous of Logan's new preschool. Donna does a great job, but there are certainly limitations with so few kids.

January 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger wendys said...

Loved the pictures! I'm glad you are settling in and I hope Logan likes his new preschool.

January 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Candice McWhorter said...

I love the house! Can't wait to come see you guys in a few months.

January 16, 2009 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Simpson family fun said...

We love your house! We think it looks awesome! Drew was signing and spelling words today all through stake conference, it made us miss Logan. We miss the Tilley's like crazy!

January 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home