Nathaniel's goal at the beginning of the school year was to have perfect attendance. Apparently kids with perfect attendance would win a bicycle
At this point, Mom says "Nathaniel, we just bought you a bike 2 months ago. AND are you SURE they are giving away a bike to every kid who has perfect attendance when there is a 6 million dollar budget shortage in the school district, and they are letting teachers go like catch-and-release fish?" To which Nathaniel replies convincingly, "Yep, I'm definitely sure they are giving everyone a bike." Mom looks at him skeptically because this IS the kid that had his teacher convinced that we spent this last summer living on the Amazon river with the anacondas so that his dad could study the tropical botany there...
I digress, and the point is moot anyway. Nathaniel missed a day of school yesterday because of a very high fever. (Don't worry he's fine today). I let him watch tv in my bedroom. I thought he was into the movie, but when I went in to check on him, I found him like this. 
Apparently we were being far too noisy, as he needed four pillows to keep the noise out.

3 Comments:
Who Ha! We are moving to CA! Free bikes for everyone! In IN if you get perfect attendance you win a cruise to the Amazon to study tropical botony....
poor kid, you should have sent him to school!
That's too funny. So far my kids aren't too convincing with their stories. They try, but it's pretty obvious what's true and what's not. :o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home