The Rainforest
a poem by Nathaniel, age 8 (line breaks added by Mom)
The Rainforest
where the lion sleeps,
and he weeps for the sweets,
and he snores and roars
while he sleeps and weeps
and cries.
While the mighty leopard
attacks from above
(which is the last think he sees).
And the awful leopard said with a smile,
"I'm the new king for awhile."
Note from Mom: I'd love to see how a high school English class would analyze that...
The Rainforest
where the lion sleeps,
and he weeps for the sweets,
and he snores and roars
while he sleeps and weeps
and cries.
While the mighty leopard
attacks from above
(which is the last think he sees).
And the awful leopard said with a smile,
"I'm the new king for awhile."
Note from Mom: I'd love to see how a high school English class would analyze that...

2 Comments:
sheesh...he writes better poems than I do!
Um... he writes better poems than most of my students...and me, too. Oh yeah, and I AM a high school English teacher. Should I be admitting this? Cough cough...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home