Finding a Sign

Tilley Family Adventures

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aberdeen, ID, United States

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

5.17.2010

A picture is worth 1000 words.

When I was in high school, I was on the yearbook staff for 3 years. I took lots and lots of pictures. Most of them didn't turn out very well, but I thought I was pretty hot stuff! I remember going to a publishing conference for yearbook and newspaper staffs where they were talking about pictures among other things. The adage goes that "a picture is worth 1000 words", but I learned there that the phrase should be "a picture can be worth 1000 words". Most of my pictures were probably only worth 20 or 30 words, and they most of which were synonyms to "lame-o." I don't really have a great eye when it comes to picture taking.

That's why I let my sister, Candice, do most of the picture taking at family functions.

Here's an example of some of her handiwork. These are just some of the candids that capture my kids' personalities, she also took some to hang on our wall (as all mothers need, right?)






She'll be posting the rest of the pictures she took on her blog.

Thanks a bunch, Can!






2 Comments:

Blogger wendys said...

That last picture is my favorite. What a cutie!

May 17, 2010 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Those are so cute! I love your little girl's dress too. I took a photography class in college and I kept thinking "I wish we would have learned this in high school!" It really is an art though. Candice did great.

May 18, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home