Summer Days
It's summer. I like summer. Summer and I have become great friends. Here in Idaho it took until the last week in June to get over 75 degrees. So we are taking advantage of every ray of sun we are getting.
My husband had the audacity to say that he is ready for September. (Our little box of a trailer captures and keeps the heat proficiently). Actually he said it because we have been mowing our 3 acres of weeds with a little push mower and dragging hoses all over to keep it green. Soon, however that will be over (or so he tells me). Next year should be much better because most of the grass is native and will not need to be watered or mowed much. Here's hoping.
Also on hold for now are our plans to build our house. It's excruciating to wait here in my little 800 sq. feet of space, but hopefully the sacrifice will be worth it.
The kids are loving summer. We have been swimming at the reservoir several times. It seems we are just as busy playing as we were working during the school year.
Nathaniel has started violin lessons. He likes it but doesn't love it. Hopefully that will change. He has a real talent with music, and I'd like to see him develop it on his own.
Logan has become my shopping buddy. Anytime I go shopping, Logan comes with me "so you won't be lonely, Mom".
Andi is still my fireball. Recently I cut her hair. It was so cute. It was in a cute little bob. Well apparently I didn't do a good enough job because she butched it. All the way around her head. I laughed and cried all night. I guess I shouldn't be so bothered. After all, it's just hair. But it's hard to see your little girl looking like a cancer patient. Luckily she has the cancer hairdo without the cancer! All the scissors in our house are now hidden (I tried to get some out yesterday, and even I can't find them)
That's all for now folks!
My husband had the audacity to say that he is ready for September. (Our little box of a trailer captures and keeps the heat proficiently). Actually he said it because we have been mowing our 3 acres of weeds with a little push mower and dragging hoses all over to keep it green. Soon, however that will be over (or so he tells me). Next year should be much better because most of the grass is native and will not need to be watered or mowed much. Here's hoping.
Also on hold for now are our plans to build our house. It's excruciating to wait here in my little 800 sq. feet of space, but hopefully the sacrifice will be worth it.
The kids are loving summer. We have been swimming at the reservoir several times. It seems we are just as busy playing as we were working during the school year.
Nathaniel has started violin lessons. He likes it but doesn't love it. Hopefully that will change. He has a real talent with music, and I'd like to see him develop it on his own.
Logan has become my shopping buddy. Anytime I go shopping, Logan comes with me "so you won't be lonely, Mom".
Andi is still my fireball. Recently I cut her hair. It was so cute. It was in a cute little bob. Well apparently I didn't do a good enough job because she butched it. All the way around her head. I laughed and cried all night. I guess I shouldn't be so bothered. After all, it's just hair. But it's hard to see your little girl looking like a cancer patient. Luckily she has the cancer hairdo without the cancer! All the scissors in our house are now hidden (I tried to get some out yesterday, and even I can't find them)
That's all for now folks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home